Here is May's theme. Let's get our water supply!
1. Use commercially available water, rotating by date on
2. Collect PETE bottles from juice, soda, or other available
sources. Do NOT use milk jugs.
3. Water can be stored for 6 months without pre-treating.
4. Water can be treated for longer storage: Non-chlorinated water
should be treated with bleach. Add 1/8 of a teaspoon (8 drops) of liquid
household chlorine bleach (5 to 6% sodium hypochlorite) for every
gallon (4 liters) of water. Only household bleach without thickeners,
scents, or additives should be used.
5. Aim to store at least 14 gallons of water per person.
6. Build rain barrels and collect non-potable water for other
More information available at:
http://www.BePreparedCincinnati.com (Cinci North Food Storage)
You can also check craigslist for rain barrels. Some of the people are willing to sell their undrilled containers for around $35.
Light the World: Feed the Hungry
1 week ago