Friday, March 19, 2010
American Red Cross Needs Puppet Presenters!
Sesame Street Program Presenters
Teach Little Kids About Fire Safety!
The Sesame Street Fire Safety program brings fire safety information to little ones aged 3 – 6. A 45-minute program filled with puppet plays, songs and practices, the program entertains preschoolers while teaching them the following safety messages:
1. TELL A GROWN-UP IF YOU FIND MATCHES OR LIGHTERS.
2. SMOKE ALARMS WARN US OF A FIRE.
3. IF YOU’RE IN A BUILDING WHERE THERE’S A FIRE, GET OUT AND STAY OUT!
4. IF YOUR CLOTHES CATCH FIRE, STOP, DROP AND ROLL .
5. FIREFIGHTERS SAVE PEOPLE FROM A FIRE AND PUT THE FIRE OUT.
Feedback regarding this program, and 30 years of experience, tell us that this is the best, most age-appropriate program available for this age group. It is highly interactive and it moves…as do the children.
The program is available * FREE! * for presentation at kindergartens, preschools and childcare centers.
To become a Sesame Street Program Presenter, you must:
· Be outgoing and able to manage a child audience
· Have daytime availability (during the school year and/or during the summer)
· Complete Red Cross Disaster presenters’ training
· Be able to provide your own transportation to sites within our service area (You may designate the areas in which you prefer to travel and present.)
For more information, contact Diana Wood at: