Tuesday, June 16, 2009
American Red Cross offers Babysitter's Training Camp
Babysitter's Training Camp!
Not sure what to do this summer?
Gain the Skills and Confidence You Need to Be the Best Babysitter on the Block! The camp is fun and fast-paced with hands-on activities, exciting video, role-plays and lively discussions.
You’ll learn to be the best babysitter on the block. Plus, you’ll gain the confidence to make smart decisions and stay safe in any babysitting situation.
You’ll learn how to—
· Supervise children and infants.
· Perform basic child-care skills such as diapering and feeding.
· Choose safe, age-appropriate games and toys.
· Handle bedtime and discipline issues.
· Identify safety hazards and prevent injuries.
· Care for common injuries and emergencies such as choking, burns, cuts and bee stings.
· Communicate effectively with parents.
· Find and interview for babysitting jobs.
· Become certified in First Aid and Child and Infant CPR.
· Make a First Aid kit to take on the job.
· Learn disaster preparedness and more.
Cool Take-Home Training Materials Help You Get the Job Done Right
At your Babysitter’s Training camp, you’ll receive excellent materials to help you be prepared and professional, including:
· Babysitter’s Training Handbook—full-color handbook filled with great information and resources to use in class and on the job.
· Babysitter’s Training Emergency Reference Guide—this easy-to-carry, compact booklet provides step-by-step instructions to handle common emergencies.
Babysitter’s Training CD-ROM—provides tools to run your babysitting business, including a babysitting organizer; a printable activity booklet with games, crafts, songs and recipes; a resume template; and more
JOIN the Babysitter’s Training Camp Today!
3 Summer Sessions Offered:
June 22, 23, 24 9:00am-4:00pm
July 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 5:30pm-9:00pm
August 3, 4, 5 9:00am-4:00pm
Please bring a brown bag lunch. Drinks and snacks will be provided.
For more information, contact your local American Red Cross chapter at (513) 792-4000 or visit www.cincinnatiredcross.org.